04/09/20 Journal Entry

I think in most circumstances, looking forward to the weekend is an exciting thought. Especially a 3 day weekend really gets me going. However, there is so much less to look forward to that it really doesn't even feel like a true weekend break. Sure, school is delayed until Monday but do opportunities that we would have in normal circumstances present themselves, no they don't. There is no gathering, there is no going to restaurants, it's almost all gone. It just blows my mind. All these activities and exciting things to do are all gone, things that I realize I have taken advantage of. When this stay at home order is removed and humanity is able to begin to return to daily activities, I promise to never take advantage of another sunny day, another time to hangout with my friends, another time to go to a store or a restaurant, another chance to meet new people. I'll never take for granted any of those activities ever again because if I have learned anything from this quarantine, it's moments like that, the moments that bring you joy. They can all go away very quickly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is America

Value of Earth

04/17 Blog Post